Monday, June 05, 2006

Golf and God...

There was this Christian guy who worked for an Arab prince for two years. The prince was so satisfied with his job performance that on his last day at work, the prince asked him, "What would you like to receive from me as a gift?"

The guy thought for a moment and said, "There is one thing I would like, since I like playing golf so much, I would like a golf club."

"Very well then, a golf club it is." said the prince and bade the guy goodbye.

When the guy got home to his country, he waited excitedly for his golf club. "Would he give me one club, or a set? He can afford it since he is so rich. Or probably a gold-plated one with diamonds?" And so he waited. He waited for about three months and he finally said to himself, "Probably his royal highness forgot about my request. Anyway that's fine, he has a whole kingdom to rule and I have earned from my work with him so I'll just buy myself a golf club from the sports center."

Just as he was about to leave, a courier knocked on his door. His face beamed as he opened the door expecting his brand new golf club. His heart sank when the courier handed him an envelope from the prince.

As he opened the envelop, his eyes widened as he cannot believe what he just received. He received the ownership papers of one of the most luxurious golf courses in the world!



Isn't it just like me? I ask God for things I want and have no idea of what God is able to give me? I limit God to a 'golf club' when He can give me a 'golf course'!

No comments: