Monday, July 10, 2006

"In your pain... give!"

I remember a night nine months ago. Is anyone around? Will anyone notice? Will God come through for me?
I was in so much pain that night. Everything I valued broke into pieces and I felt that I, too, would break. Eventually my heart broke. My spirit soon followed.


I remember falling on my knees that night, crying out to God to take me home. I remember every accusation, every lie thrown against me. I remember calling to God for help. Help me make it through. I can't do it by my own strength. I remember that soft voice, the soft breeze. Be still and know I am God.


So I stayed still. But what about the pain? Staying still does not remove the pain!

Child, do as I did. In your pain...give. Give your all, even when in pain. Even when others leave you. Even when others betray you. Even when others lie straight to your face. Give even when they spit at you. Even when they crown you with thorns and crucify you! In your pain, GIVE!

No comments: