Wednesday, November 22, 2006

War Diaries: The Battle for the Mind!

Only two hours of sleep... Insomnia is back again...
What's bugging me?
A few years ago, I was in a seminar. Facilitator is talking... "You are a leader. Leadership begins in the mind!" Or something like that...
But my mind is more like a battlefield. Outside, I'm composed, calm and alert. But my mind is racing.
So many thoughts. The Enemy plays a movie in my head. The images are so clear. I cringe with shame. Did I actually do that? Yes, I did. So many dark secrets. If those things were played in the theater or even in the house, I would probably exile myself. Yet there is always a way out. I am no longer that person. Christ already took my place on the cross.
Then another movie. This time events where people did not so good things at me. Betrayal, abandonment, lies... Yes, they did. So many bad things. And the enemy plays it again and again, bringing out those emotions again. Anger, frustration, helplessness... There is another way out. With God's grace I will continue to forgive. He is my Defender, my Provider.
Then an offer: You deserve much more than you are receiving right now. Just turn your back on that calling of yours and you can have the abundance you deserve!
Tempting but no. My calling comes first.
Tonight I can sleep.
PS Thank you, Lord, for noticing. If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. -Exodus 33:13

No comments: