Wednesday, May 03, 2006

At peace now...

One of the questions I faced upon my friend's death was "Was he saved?". Another was "Did I do my best to talk to him about God?". This bothered me during the wake and eventually during the cremation.

Yet, God in His infinite goodness spoke through an email I received from
www.griefshare.org:

"You may have an extra heaviness of heart because you are concerned that your lost loved one did not know Christ and that you will not see him or her in heaven. Remember, no one on earth can know another person's heart or eternal destiny. Only God knows that.

Keep a proper perspective as you work through this.

Dr. Joseph Stowell says: "The most important thing to remember is that God is fair and just and wise and loving. Whatever He does with your loved one will be fair and wise and just and loving. God cannot deny Himself. You do not know what your loved one did in that last flickering moment of life in the quietness of his or her soul. Just give your worries to God and say, 'God, You are a fair, loving, wise, just God, and my loved one is Yours, and whatever You do with him or her, I know that someday I will praise You for the wisdom of that decision.'"

It is through the grace of God that people can receive eternal life. We, as fallen humans, cannot fully understand grace. Grace is an undeserved gift of life from God to man. How fortunate we are to have such a loving God."

What an awesome God we have!

No comments: