Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 2: Moments

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

Day after day, we go through the motions of life. Wake up in the morning, take a shower, eat breakfast, go to work with lunch in between, go home, have dinner, and finally go to sleep. To some extent, there would be some variety, but then life is monotonously boring.

We then fill our lives with cheap thrills, shallow relationships, empty learning and whatnot's.

We go through leading lives of quiet desperation, living lives vicariously through soap operas, social networking and living in the information superhighway.

But there are those moments, moments that we feel truly alive. Let me share with you some of my moments:
  • looking at my baby's ultrasound images
  • hearing its heartbeat for the first time
  • my nephew giggling at a funny face I made
  • watching my wife's growing tummy rise and fall at every breath while she sleeps
I'm having more of those moments now.

And you?


Note: This post is about my reflections on what I read from the book. It is not a summary on the book contents.

No comments: