Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 4: Online...

In today's times, being online is as important as having a mobile phone. In fact mobile phones have allowed us to remain online even when we're away from the computer.

We live under the illusion that we always need to be online or else...

I resisted the online craze for sometime, having installed WiFi at home only this year. I registered for Facebook and Twitter only this month. I even have two mobile phones so I can be 'offline' from work during weekends and remain online for family through another number.

There is this nagging feeling of disconnection to the world whenever I'm offline.

Today, I realized that although my internet connection is very reliable, my connection with God is somewhat intermittent: just connecting whenever there is a need but never fully engaging throughout the day.

I certainly miss the feeling of peace, knowing that I am fully engaged with God. No striving, no condemnation, God is always in control.

Being connected with God does not mean locking myself up and praying.  Being connected is starting my day with a prayer and continuing the conversation throughout until bedtime.

Time to be online 24x7 with God again...

Note: This post is about my reflections on what I read from the book. It is not a summary on the book contents.

No comments: