Saturday, June 19, 2010

One Month to Live

(written 06/18/2010)
Today, I decided to go through the book, One Month to Live again.

After going through the first chapter, I came to the conclusion that a lot of things in my life are beyond my control.

On my tombstone will be my name, probably my favorite quote, and my date of birth and death. Whatever I did and accomplished in my life will be represented by the dash between those dates.

Surprisingly, what happens in the dash is more than a dash. It consists of a lifetime created by the choices we made. It is important for me to live out my faith, press on towards God's purpose in my life, hoping that in the end, God will say to me, "Well done, good and faithful servant.'

Eventually, everyone dies, but not everyone truly lived.

Note: This post is about my reflections on what I read from the book. It is not a summary on the book contents.

No comments: