Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Out with the old, In with the new

Today we inaugurate a new president. (Honestly, I did not support him as a believed another candidate was more qualified.)

But my love for my country goes beyond politics and today, too, I swear my allegiance to him and be the change I want to see in my country.

A lot of negative things have already been said about the outgoing president so let me put in something positive about her:
  • ROROs
  • Economic policies that cushioned the country from the economic crash
  • Moving holidays resulting to longer weekends
  • Heightened awareness among people that the fight against corruption is everyone's business
  • Peaceful transition to the next regime after the first-ever automated elections.
To the new president, sir, the hope of the whole nation is on your shoulders. May you find co-laborers to carry the weight and may you find the peace that comes along with leading from a servant's heart. God bless you!

No comments: