Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 9: No more striving

Love, forgiveness, acceptance - these are major pillars in every relationship.

Up until a few years ago, I struggled with these three. I had one flash of insight and believed that if my heart is right with God, I would be able to do the three completely.

So I began to read about God and did what religious acts my religion recommended. I ended up emotionally and spiritually drained. I didn't get it. I did what I thought I should be doing to be close to God but eventually ending up worse than when I started.

Then one day I encountered God for the first time. The author of One Month to Live beautifully describes what I realized, "Your problem is not that you don't love God enough. It's that you don't understand how much He loves you. If you could grasp just a little bit of how much God loves you, you'd surrender all areas of your life to Him."

When I grasped it just a little tiny bit, I finally was able to have a personal relationship with God.

By His grace I know that I can love completely because He loved me first. I can forgive completely because He forgave me first. I can accept others completely because He accepted me first.

Finally, I have let go of striving...

No comments: