Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 8: Life as a race

A lot of people compare life to a race. It has its easy, straight paths as well as the dangerous curves and bumps.

Unlike the usual race, in life we can choose to walk, to ride a bike or ride in someone else's car.

In order to get where we want to go faster, we choose a faster vehicle and go full throttle.

I have been driving since the age of fourteen and I can say pushing the pedal all the way to the floor is an exhilarating experience... but it's stupid.

Thankfully, I never got hurt and I realized that going full speed requires a skill or it can be deadly.

In my life, I have done full speed in some areas and got hurt. And then I started walking so as not to get hurt anymore... which is also stupid.

What I really need is to have the wisdom and skill to go full speed. God provides the forward thrust.

No comments: