Friday, July 02, 2010

Day 15: Busy Tone...

Since the invention of the telephone, man has slowly gotten used to the idea that we don't need to talk face-to-face.
 
I have nothing against technology but most of the time, technology has taken away the opportunity of being able to engage with people, especially the ones we meet everyday.
 
It is normal nowadays to use instant messaging to talk with the person sitting at the cube next to you. Or maybe send an email, leave a voicemail, send a text message, etc. And then we have social networking…
 
I have made some changes in my life. No emails, voicemails or text messages from the people working on the same floor as I do. Except if I'm sending in a report, a presentation or anything else that can't be talked about. For everything else, I get up, walk and talk to the person face-to-face. It's bringing in better results.
 
Now I'm wondering, can I tune out the noise around me and allow God to speak to me? Or do I continue to give Him a busy tone?
 
 

2 comments:

peenkfrik said...

Sounds like a good change. But for some people it takes so much to break the bubble.

I'm waiting for the invention of a non-virtual interpersonal skill booster. Let me know if there's already one. :)

rss said...

yeah, something similar to The Matrix's...