Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 25: Bridges to eternity

Everyday, we build 'bridges'.
 
We build 'bridges' to allow us to go from where we are to where we want to go. This could be earning a living, exercising, etc.
 
Everyday, we build bridges for others too. We help others get to where they want to go. This could be acts of service(a.k.a. chores!), work-related tasks, or even just connecting people with other people.
 
This year, I've decided to keep myself and my wife healthier by taking control of what we eat during breakfast. The morning starts with me peeling vegetables and juicing them. Then I clean the juicer before I start cooking Rolled oats that make up the rest of the meal. The next morning the same activities all over again. The result: no major illnesses.
 
After breakfast, I play with a nephew. I build a tower using blocks and he topples it down. Then I build again, he topples it. This goes on until we find another thing to do over and over again.
 
Isn't that a lot like the life most people are living? We do the motions of living and do it all over again the next day. Our 'bridges' last for no longer a day! :(
 
Yet there are bridges that we can build that lasts until eternity. These are those bridges that lead others to God.
 
Bridges to eternity… the rest are bridges to nowhere...
 

No comments: