Monday, July 05, 2010

Day 17: GPS

Among man's greatest inventions would be the GPS. It used to be available only to the military but now it is available even for civilian use. With a GPS installed in a car, a foreigner may be able to safely navigate within unfamiliar territories. Although very handy, misusing a GPS can also get anyone lost.
I have a spiritual GPS. It allows me to navigate towards God's purpose for my life.
Giftings: God has gifted me with talents and skills that, when used properly, will serve a greater purpose that glorifies God.
Passion: If the giftings are my vehicles, passion is the fuel that allows for the full use of these gifts.
Struggles: My struggles allow me to learn to depend on God. It is in my weakness that His strength is made perfect. It is His strength that enables me to fulfill my purpose.
To paraphrase Frederick Buechner defines calling as "the place where our greatest passion meets the world's greatest need."
And where is that place? I really don't know yet but my GPS will bring me there.

No comments: