Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 23: Sandcastles...

When I was a kid, I enjoyed building sand forts with my cousins. We would build a fort each and then start battles using 'cannon balls' made of sand.
 
Eventually, one 'king' would be declared winner and his fort will be left alone while the loser's, or what's left of it will be 'pillaged' and 'burned to the ground'.
 
At the end of the day, the tide comes in and washes away the forts. No traces are left...
 
In real life, we do the same too. We strive and accumulate everything that we can, most of the time forgetting what really matters until it is too late.
 
I was in the same place once but a visit to the Howff reminded me of what really mattered to me.
 
All the the possessions that I hold valuable could be just trash to everyone else. All the awards, pieces of cold metal. Such is life, value is relative to the one who sees it.
 
Yet everything done for Christ will endure forever...
 
 

No comments: