Thursday, July 08, 2010

Day 21: The whole picture...

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to look back at life and say we lived it the way we wanted?
 
We did what we wanted to do… we said what we wanted to say… Instead of doing things for the sake of existing or holding back words just to be safe?
 
What if who I am at work is the same guy at church? The same guy at home?
 
What if I can actually spend more time with the things that make my heart come alive? What if I can say what I mean and mean what I say… ALL the time?
 
If I look at my whole life as a painting, there would be areas that are in vibrant colors, areas in my life where I would be glad to share to the world. And then there are these areas that I would really like to cover up with fresh, vibrant paint, areas that could use second, third, nth coatings.
 
I take heart knowing that as a Christian, Jesus already repainted those areas! I only need to see those areas as they are in God's eyes and not see them as they were in the past.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice thoughts and reminder