Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 27: Safe...

I remember when I was young. I rode a bike without any protective gear, drank water from the faucet, and wrestled my dogs to my heart's content.
 
Now, kids wore protective gear that make them look like gladiators. People would drink water sold in plastic bottles and would never allow children to touch furry animals. All in the name of safety!
 
I was in another city for the past few days and had the opportunity to listen to quite a few interesting people: CNN hero of the year, a lady pastor from Nigeria, a communist leader-turned-pastor, a world-famous songwriter-singer-worship pastor, etc. And there were two more who, for security reasons, asked not to be named.
 
Listening to these people made me think about how 'safe' my life is. I only drink filtered or distilled water, wear my seatbelt always, install protective gear around the house to protect the little ones against bruises and bumps, etc. Day in and day out, I press buttons on a keyboard and roll the mouse wheel… Day in and day out, I struggle against leading prayer even if it's only me and my wife listening…
 
I often dreamed of wanting to do something great for God. But most of the time, what is big is small and what is small can be big, in God's eyes.
 
So how do I start living big for God? Maybe all it takes is just a walk across the room...
 
 

No comments: