Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 28: Sandman is here...

Quite a few times I have seen pictures of places where someone has written on a wall, "Joe was here". This reflects the human need to tell the world not only "Been there, done that", but also attempting to leave visible marks that they were actually there.

Early in my life, I had that dream too, to make a big mark on earth, to make a contribution that is so big.
In my growing years, that dream was replaced by skepticism, No way can I leave that big mark, what can one man do?, and paving the way for an inner struggle.

When I met Christ, my hopes were renewed because the Scripture promises that "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)".

Yet much of what we can do spiritually converges on a practical need in this world. Like Jesus who was sent to a world in need of a Savior, we Christians are here on earth to be his arms and feet.

Let me give provide some examples. Here is one from a guy I actually know: seeing a need in a small village and worked on meeting that need. Another one is a is group called Operation Blessing.

I leave my own mark in countless ways. I may not be a preacher nor someone who can provide scriptures to any need, yet I know that there are things that only I can do and in doing them, I leave my mark.

Most of my marks will be forgotten when I'm gone. Only those marks I create with God will remain...

2 comments:

peenkfrik said...

It's ironic when the best marks we make are those that many people do not know about.

But as long as it keeps you happy and the soul healthy, then keep marking the way you always do. :)

rss said...

yep, that's true...